Water Filled Jersey Barrier (Heavy Duty)
Convenient and useful are just two of the many words that are commonly used to describe our Water Filled Jersey Barrier. Weighing in at 75 lbs when empty and easily fillable, these traffic barricades are able to handle usage on roadways, highways and residential streets. The water filled barrier is a certified LCD (Longitudinal Channelizing Barricade), which means it has passed the NFHRP-350 crash test and has been issued a FAL (Federal Acceptance Letter).
- 42”H x 72”L x 24”W
- Sturdy & stable traffic barrier
- Preferred concrete alternative
- Wind-proof, weather-resistant
- Strong polyethylene wall
- Thoroughly tested & certified
Just remember, you don’t have to use a concrete jersey barrier in all construction zones! The (Roadside) Design Guide calls for concrete barriers to be used only under two circumstances: When it is less dangerous for vehicle occupants to impact the concrete barrier than to collide with a hazard behind the barrier, or to prevent an errant vehicle from penetrating a zone where workers are at risk. Deploying concrete barrier systems at work sites simply as a channelizing/delineating fence is poor practice and creates an unnecessary hazard in itself.
Safety and Benefits
- Useful Life: Minimum 8 years on average
- Much easier to set up than concrete.
- Requires no additional hardware or parts and forms an interlocking wall in any configuration.
- Due to their visibility and imposing nature, drivers respect these devices.
- Widely-spaced folding barricades, drums and cones are often confusing. LCD’s provide positive visual delineation by forming a wall.
- LCD’s keep drivers & pedestrians from shortcutting through construction zones.
- Other delineation devices are easily knocked over by traffic or weather, whereas water-filled barricades are stable.
- They positively delineate work zones at night and in bad weather.
|Short Description||Light-duty water filled jersey barricades are stable and versatile in use to delineate work zones at night and bad weather as well as traffic barricades.|